The main component of the package - LiteCAD DLL - is intended for software developers to build their own specialized drawing applications, be it CAD, CAM or GIS.
LiteCAD DLL provides vector graphics possibilities and has a simple API for use with popular languages such as C, C++, C#, Visual Basic, VB.NET, Delphi. LiteCAD OCX module provides ActiveX interface for the DLL. Get off to a flying start by basing your application on a sample CAD drafting application - LiteCAD.exe. Full code provided. Sample code for adding custom features is provided for most languages.
- Entities: Point, Line, Polyline, Circle, Arc, Ellipse, Rectangle, Text (single, multiline, arc), Hatch, Dimension (rotated, aligned, angular, ordinate, radial, diameter), Leader
- Raster images of various formats: BMP, JPG, GIF, TIF, PNG, PCX, etc.,
- Handles huge ER Mapper Compressed Wavelet (ECW) and Jpeg2000 images
- With TWAIN support you can acquire images directly from scanners and digital cameras
- Named objects: Block, Layer, Linetype, Text Style, Dimension Style, Multiline style, Layout (paper space)
- Supports Windows TTF fonts and AutoCAD SHP/SHX fonts
- Supports AutoCAD hatch patterns (PAT) and linetypes (LIN)
- Edit operations with entities: Copy, Move, Rotate, Scale, Mirror, Explode, Erase, Join, Offset, Trim, Extend.
- Single objects can be edited by moving their control points (grips)
- Various snap modes allows you to draw/edit objects accurately without tedious calculations
- Snapping modes use ID markers to enhance operator speed and vision.
- Superior Polar Tracking capability
- Command line interface offers exact placement of objects. You can enter values for coordinates, lengths and angles from keyboard using AutoCAD nomenclature
- Event-driven mechanism allows your application to control user's actions with a drawing
- Zoom capabilities allows you to view the entire drawing or any desired part of it.
- Mouse Wheel supports real-time Zoom and Pan. Double click for zoom extents.
- Access to all the properties of any object, either programmatically or via dialogs
- A unique identifier for each drawing object facilitates external database referencing
- Interface commands can be assigned directly to an application's menus, buttons and accelerator keys
- Export / import of drawings with various file format via plugins
- The plugin interface is open for developers
- Can be programmed to read / write AutoCAD DXF drawings format
- Save/Read drawing to/from memory (BLOB fields)
- Print Preview
- Use Paper space layouts to prepare paper sheets ready for printing
- Clipboard copy and paste
- Undo-Redo buffer saves 100 commands
- Multi-language interface. Easy localization to any language